Friday, November 19, 2010

*Second Helping* Pumpkin Dog Treats!

By: Christine
My first attempt at making homemade dog biscuits was a success and I wanted to try some more fun canine friendly recipes. I found a recipe for pumpkin dog treats and I knew that these would be a fun fall dog treat that I had to try! The recipe that I used for this dog treat included only a few basic ingredients: whole wheat flour, pumpkin, egg, peanut butter, salt and cinnamon.
I combined all of the ingredients and rolled out the dough.
I used a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter for these treats!
After baking for about 40 minutes, these cookies were done and ready to cool.
After cooling the treats, I decorated them with royal icing and orange colored sugar.
Dutchess was the first to give these treats a try and she loved them!
I packaged up a few of these treats to share with some other dogs who I knew would love these cookies. I also added a Frost It! tag (with a pink paw print) which listed the ingredients that were used for these cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment