Friday, November 12, 2010

*Second Helping* Apple Crisp!

By: Christine
I love so many fall desserts and, since we had been apple picking in early October, I knew that I had to create a delicious treat with these freshly picked juicy apples. Instead of making the traditional apple pie, I decided to make crunchy apple crisp. I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website and it received great reviews so I figured I'd give it a try!

I started out with 4 peeled apples. I cored them and cut them into small slices.
I combined flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl. I used a fork to combine these ingredients created a crumble topping mixture.

I placed the apple sliced in a greased glass pan and then I spooned on the crumble topping.

After baking for 30 minutes, the crisp was done!
And it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment