Monday, October 4, 2010

Cake Balls!

By: Christine 
After reading about cake balls on Bakerella’s blog, I knew I had to give them a try. I was instantly hooked on the idea and experimented with making cupcake bites and cake pops in many different shapes. But I had never made just a cake ball.

My family was throwing a surprise party for my Aunt & Uncle who were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary. I knew that this was my opportunity to make some cake balls.

I baked a chocolate cake, and mixed the cake (baked and cooled) with chocolate frosting.

After rolling the cake mixture into balls, I dipped them into melted milk chocolate. After drying in the fridge for a few minutes, I drizzles light pink colored candy melts on top and covered the cake balls with bright pink sprinkles.
I arrived at the party with the cake balls on a beautiful pink platter.

After looking around at some of the decorations that had been put up at the party, I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of pink around. I found out that my Aunt's bridesmaids wore pink dresses (30 years ago) and that was the reason for the pink decorations.

My cake balls fit right into the color scheme of the party and they were delicious!!!!

1 comment:

  1. They were a huge hit Christine.....they were all gone by the time I arrived - part of the joy of being from a large family - you have to get there early!!

    I know they were delicious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete