Monday, August 16, 2010

Lovely Lemon Treats

By Christine

Lemons are a delicious and versatile fruit that can create many wonderful treats!

I wanted to make cupcakes for a small get together and instead of making chocolate or vanilla I wanted to try something different. I chose to make lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream frosting. The flavor of these cupcakes & frosting was incredible. I used the fresh lemons (juiced & zested) which added a delicious flavor. I also added a bit of yellow coloring into the frosting bag to create the two toned swirl of frosting on top.



The Pioneer Woman posted this recipe for Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares and, since I have a small obsession with using my mini muffin tins, I decided to make cream lemon crumb circles! These little lemon bites were wonderful; creamy inside and crunchy from the crust and the topping. 

Lemons can create many different tasty desserts, these are just two examples, and I will be experimenting, in the future, with more lemon-y goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment