Monday, January 24, 2011

Rise Krispie and Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls

By: Jill
Once a year, the people who live across the street from my parent's house make peanut butter chocolate balls for the all the neighbors. Every member of my family would run to the door when they were brought over and descend upon them like we had never seen chocolate before. We would greedily claim every last once over the next few days and give each other a hard time for having more than someone else.

In all my years of baking, I had never actually tried to recreate these delicious treats. When my sister said that she was coming home this past weekend, I knew that I wanted to make something special and found a recipe that incorporated rice krispies for a lighter tasting version of the original with a little bit of a crunch.


The center is made of rice krispies, butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
The butter and peanut butter are melted on the stove until they become completely liquefied.
Then the dry ingredients are added and stirred.
You form the balls by hand into any size/shape you want.
The chocolate coating is different from regular ganache because it calls for shorting and chocolate in order for the chocolate to set.
Each rice krispie ball is dipped into the melted chocolate and placed on wax paper.
After they set in the fridge, they are ready to go!
These were a huge hit at dinner and with my family. We were able to eat our fill of them without having to fight one another for the last piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment