Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy New Year Cake & Cupcakes!

By: Christine
This order was placed by my Aunt, who needed to bring a yummy dessert to a New Year’s Eve party that she was attending with her family. There was going to be a few other families at the party, approximately 20-25 people. We decided that a small square cake and one dozen cupcakes would be a great idea for this party!
I started by baking the cake, using my favorite chocolate cake recipe, The Pioneer Woman's Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever. After allowing the cake to cool, I frosted it with white buttercream frosting.
I used chocolate buttercream frosting to make the border for this cake. I tinted the chocolate frosting black and piped on large round dots along the sides. Then, I added metallic gold, silver and black sprinkles to the top and sides of the cake.
I made chocolate stars out of chocolate candy melts and dunked them in the gold, silver, and black sprinkles and added them to the top of the cake. I wrote on the cake "Happy New Year, 2011" with the black chocolate frosting.
For the cupcakes, I used my favorite yellow cake recipe. Jill and I worked on the cupcakes together and we frosted these cupcakes with both vanilla and chocolate buttercream. We topped the cupcakes with a metallic gold and silver sprinkles and a chocolate star!
This cake and cupcake order was so much fun to make. The metallic sprinkles and the chocolate stars gave the cake and cupcakes a New Year's Eve party look!

No comments:

Post a Comment