Monday, May 24, 2010

Frost It!'s First Cake Order

By Christine
Our first cake order for the Frost It! bakery was for a 50th Birthday party for Jill’s aunt. The only problem was, Jill was leaving for Kentucky on Wednesday and the party was on Friday, which meant that I was on my own for this assignment!
I had only a few requests for this cake; marble cake and fun colors.

For the cake batter, I used Bakerella’s “moist yellow cake” recipe and The Pioneer Woman’s “best chocolate sheet cake ever” recipe. For the frosting I used the Wilton buttercream frosting recipe.

I made four 11x15 cakes to create a 2 layer full sheet cake.

I decided to make this a fun cake so I decorated it with stars, dots & stripes in a bunch of bright colors!

Make a wish!

Happy Birthday Rosemary! I hope you enjoyed your cake!!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB Christine. The cake looks delicious!! and the decorations are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete