Monday, June 14, 2010

Cheesecake does not taste like cheese!

By: Christine

I always thought that cheesecake tasted like cheese. And why would I think any differently if the word cheese is in the name! Up until a few years ago I hadn’t ever attempted to eat a piece of cheesecake. But now I cannot get enough!

For Thanksgiving 2009 I made two different cheesecakes for two different family functions.

The first cheesecake that I made was a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. This Cheesecake has a graham cracker crust, creamy filling with chocolate chips mixed in.


The second cheesecake that I made was a Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake. I based this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's "Caramel Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake. So There," recipe.This Cheesecake had a gingersnap cookie crust with creamy pumpkin filling covered in caramel sauce.


This cheesecake I made for a small get together with some friend & family. It is a combination of a few different recipes. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. This cheesecake has a chocolate graham cracker crust with mini peanut butter cups. The filling is a light and fluffy peanut butter filling with mini peanut butter cups. This is an ideal dessert treat for a peanut butter cup lover!


I have also made a few mini cheesecake bites: Original Cheesecake and Grasshopper Cheesecake (mint with a chocolate crust.) These cheescakes are about the size of a mini cupcake which makes them a perfect addition to any party dessert platter!

No comments:

Post a Comment